This personalized wooden tree puzzle guest book alternative is a unique, thoughtful and fun way to involve guests at any event. Whether it’s a wedding, baby shower, birthday, bar/bat mitzvah, fundraiser or some other celebration, the guests will enjoy signing a piece as they put together the puzzle. Later on, you can frame it and hang it on your wall or challenge yourself by putting it back together down the road.
These are big puzzles! They all contain large pieces; allowing plenty of space for guests to write on. Certainly more than a name or two can be written on the pieces. You can choose between 25, 50, 75, 100, 125, 150, 200 or 250 pieces.
- The 25 piece tree puzzle is approximately 15 inches wide and 13 inches tall.
- The 50 piece tree puzzle is approximately 18 inches wide and 14 inches tall.
- The 75 piece tree puzzle is approximately 21 inches wide and 17 inches tall.
- The 100 piece tree puzzle is approximately 22 inches wide and 18 inches tall.
- The 125 piece tree puzzle is approximately 23 inches wide and 21 inches tall.
- The 150 piece is approximately 24 inches wide and 23 inches tall.
- The 200 piece puzzle is approximately 30 inches wide and 26 inches tall.
- The 250 piece tree puzzle is huge at about 34 inches wide and 30 inches tall.
There are two styles of trunks you can choose from:
- Textured Trunk – This is one piece. The entire trunk has a dark brown finish, and the area where the text is engraved is a bit lighter. The bark on the trunk is engraved and you can feel the grooves.
- Original Plain Trunk – The trunk has 4 pieces not including the heart. The trunk pieces are plain, allowing writing on them just like the other pieces of the puzzle. The heart has a dark finish which is slightly lightened to allow the text to stand out more.
Both trunks have a very light, all natural clear coat added to them.
**There are various Font’s you can choose from which are included in one of the pictures with a letter symbolizing each. If you are on a mobile device, you can scroll through the pictures. Choose which font you prefer upon your order from the drop down list. You can also select “Other” if you have your own font in mind and it is free for us to download from a reputable source. Be sure to leave the link to where we can download the font in the notes section during checkout. fonts.google.com and dafont.com have a good selection of free fonts.
Engraving (Personalized Piece):
**Make sure to leave a note of exactly what you want engraved. You will find a text area to fill out in the on this product page. In the case of the main item pictured, this would be “JL + LL” anything written in parenthesis will be considered a symbol or icon; for instance you may want “Tanya (heart) Jason”. You may also choose something like “Mr. & Mrs. Avery 7-10-16” or “Jenny’s birthday party August 5th 2016” Whatever you choose, we can engrave it and will design it to look as best as possible.
All of the puzzles are cut from quality 3/16″ inch maple plywood. Nearly any pen works for writing on them, some better than others. We suggest a regular bic pen, as this won’t bleed and allows a good amount of detail. Sometimes fine tip sharpies bleed, sometimes they don’t. A lot of it has to do with the climate you’re in. We include a blank piece of wood in every order for you to test different pens on and see which will and won’t work for you. Below is also a short video we made on pen selection.
*We will include this instruction sign for no charge if you share a photograph of the item on facebook (preferably in use at your event). Either directly on the havoly facebook page or as a post of your own, tagging our page, havolydesigns. Please like the page first and let us know what name you liked it with in the notes section. This helps our small business out and we greatly appreciate when you share pictures.
This tree puzzle also comes in a bordered version, which gives it an elegant look and holds the pieces in place.
We also make all sorts of different puzzle guest books in a variety of shapes and styles.
Or maybe you’re looking for a puzzle in a custom shape? Drop us a line and let us know what you have in mind, we do custom stuff all the time.
We also make a custom boxes for this puzzle. The custom box will also have your names and the date engraved on it, and it holds the center engraved heart or trunk on the top, much like a puzzle piece itself. It’s a nice way to store your puzzle.